About your patchwork Slow-Stitching Kit My fabric collection started more than 25 years ago, when I attended a patchwork workshop in Tavistock Devon, from that moment I fell in love with fabrics, to the point that every trip abroad or in holidays I used to invest my time and money looking for all sort of fabrics. But that changed a few years ago when I learnt that the textile industry is one of the biggest contributors to the pollution in the planet, and I make the point of trying to choose fabrics that may not be of much use to other sewers or crafters. Fabric with holes, stains, tears, old worn-out embroidery or leftovers from curtain shops, quilt shops etc. I believe that getting all that unwanted cloth will add the magic, and give more personality and story to each artwork. In my own work I always make a point of using these ‘features’ of the old and unwanted fabrics and fibres to my advantage to help tell the story of the piece. The kit will contain fabrics that...
Comments
Post a Comment